School trips are incredibly exciting events for children of any age. Knowing they will be heading to London to experience the sights and sounds of thousands of years of history, culture and fun means memories to be shared and never forgotten.
A hostel for school trips is the perfect solution for low budget accommodation and Palmers Lodge, a boutique hostel, offers a warm welcome to guests of all ages. We pride ourselves on providing a great place to sleep in comfortable and secure surroundings. We’re also pleased to have friendly, knowledgeable staff who are always on hand to answer questions from either the teachers or the pupils.
In the past, school hostels were basic and bare affairs with only the most scant of facilities. However, at Palmers Lodge, staying at one of our luxury boutique locations means, not only having a central base to return to each day, but a happy place to stay.
If you’re looking to bring a group of 15 or more school children to London, we are perfectly positioned to solve your accommodation needs in comfortable and secure surroundings.
Any school trip to London is designed to be a great time for all involved. Due to the centrality of Palmers Lodge, gaining instant access to museums, events and attractions is simple, as we have several transport links within walking distance.
Palmers Lodge hostels are perfectly positioned for travel to any part of the capital and are located in areas full of their own cultural and historic offerings.
Accommodation at Palmers Lodge
A school hostel in London needs comfortable beds, a safe environment and clean facilities.
Rooms and dormitories in any Palmers Lodge group hostel offer all this and more, as we not only cater for groups in dorm rooms, but we also offer private rooms for the teachers.
Stay with us on your school trip and you’ll enjoy:
- Private ensuite rooms for teachers which are well appointed to have access to the group if needed
- Small dorms for groups which are specifically allocated to only accommodate the children
- Free linen on beds already made-up on your arrival
- Comfortable, clean beds
- High quality bathroom areas that are cleaned often
Security is a must for a school trip
Taking a group of school children on a trip means that their safety and security is of utmost priority. You need to know that when you go to bed at night, the group are in a trusted location with staff on hand to answer questions or to assist in the event of an incident or emergency.
Palmers Lodge know that a hostel for school trips in London must provide an environment to offer peace of mind to the pupils, teachers and parents at home and you can expect:
- Free lockers in all rooms
- Secure luggage area
- A safe for high value items
- Comprehensive CCTV systems
- Card key entry access to all rooms
- Friendly staff available at any time, including security staff at night
- We are also happy to carry out a risk analysis if required, just ask us for more details.
Creating a “home away from home”
Even when travelling, children expect the same facilities to be on hand that is available at home. We recognise this need. At Palmers Lodge we offer free WIFI and a healthy, filling breakfast to start them on the right track for the jam-packed day ahead.
Book a group visit to Palmers Lodge and they’ll feel they are in a home from home as they enjoy:
- Free WIFI in every room to stay in touch with friends from school and the rest of their family
- The availability of free PC’s to carry out online research into the place they are visiting
- Free breakfast to give them a healthy start to their busy itinerary
- Eating areas for large groups available
- Lounge areas complete with comfortable chairs and sofas to chill out
- Self-service kitchen
- Laundry room; in case of an emergency need to wash or dry clothing in poor weather
- Group meals; we can provide great-tasting meals at a very reasonable charge for groups
- Lots of parking close to the hostel for coaches
As an award winning group for our hostels, we know that group leaders may have questions and concerns regarding the planning of a trip so we have ensured our policies meet the needs of schools.
If you would like to make a reservation or ask us any questions about bringing a school group to a Palmers Lodge hostel, please call us on +44 (0)207 099 2435 or submit a contact form..