Interested in doing something original this summer in London?
The Roundhouse, is a legendary venue known for its live music concerts, theatre, contemporary dance, circus performances, art installations and new media, located on Chalk Farm Road, near Camden Town (and Palmers Lodge, of course) might have just what you are looking for, in terms of summer events this year.
• The Roundhouse Open Day 2 July from 5pm to 8pm. If you want to know what the Roundhouse is all about, be noisy or just know more about how it all works, make sure to sign up to this Open Day! You will get a preview on the current projects, see their state-of-the-art creative studios where these take place, you could meet the team and the artists or take part in one of the many activities and workshops!
• Voices Now festival From 20 to 23 June. An amazing celebration of all things vocal, from the best choirs to brand new singing groups performing for the first time. Four days of performances, talks and free workshops that you won’t forget! Highlights line-up: Imogen Heap, Only Men Aloud, The Hilliard Ensemble… and many more!
• Camden Beach From the 27 July to 24 August. The Camden’s seaside resort returns to the Roundhouse terrace this summer, for everyone’s delight! You will find the sand again with plenty of delicious foodie options around! The Roundhouse will also feature a wide range of “traditional seaside” amusements and refreshments, such as candy floss, toffee apples or sticks of rocks! Who hasn’t wished for beach in the centre of London when the temperatures reach anything over 24 degrees? One not to miss in terms of sandy sunbathing, beach themed snacking and good summer vibes, right in the middle of London!
• Rising Summer Party 24 August – 11am till late. The Roundhouse Rising decided to create a day full of events in order to celebrate the hottest up-and-coming talent across music, spoken word, circus and radio with free performances from 11am to 5pm. After, you could assist to a live gig bringing the carnival spirit to the Roundhouse from 7.30pm and for only 6£! You can’t afford to miss it because it’s a great chance to discover new artists and new arts!
• Bloomberg Summer – Conrad Shawcross’ Timepiece from 1 to 25 August. Conrad Shawcross, a pioneering British artist, will feature this summer his new installation: Timepiece! He will transform the Roundhouse Main Space in a spectacular light sculpture. The space will fill up the building with intricate layers of light and shadows letting visitors see time in new ways.
• Creative Projects July & August. If you are aged between 11 and 25, the Roundhouse offers a great way to explore and develop and express your music skills, performing arts, TV, radio or digital media in their 24 state-of-the-art studios. And for this summer, they have organised summer holiday projects, performances and events for all ages! Check on what’s on offer!
Find out more about these Summer Events at Roundhouse here