Let’s go for a cycle ride in London!!
Are you fed up with traffic, pollution and noise in the streets of London? Then you will certainly enjoy discovering its beautiful green spaces by cycling, especially when the summer weather is coming!
There are more and more people deciding to take their bikes at hand either for work or just for a ride. This mainly happened thanks to the great improvements on the London’s cycling lines which make bicycle rides safer for everyone.
Besides, the London Cycling Campaign advises us to spend more time in green spaces and to do sport in order to preserve our health.
So from now on there is no reason for you not to go for a cycle ride and appreciate the beauty of London’s green spaces and sounds coming from the nature.
WHERE TO RIDE?
Here you can find our best recommendations for cycling in London:
• Ideas of cycle rides
– Bloomsbury to Shoreditch and back: the ride starts and finishes at Russell Square on a distance of 14.4km. There is also the possibility of a longer ride.
– Docks and Ducks: the ride is 25km long and you will discover a lot of beautiful places such as: Emma Cons Gardens, Southwark Cathedral Gardens, Manor House of Edward III, King’s Stairs Gardens, Stave Hill, Folkestone Gardens and Waterloo Millennium Green.
– Sutton: the distance is 13.5km long with nice discoveries on top like: Nonsuch Mansion, Cheam Park, Carshalton Water Tower and Carew Manor.
Find more information about rides here
•The Royal Parks
Every Royal Park gives you the opportunity to go for a ride on a lot of roads. Also, they traced special cycling routes inside the parks (Regent’s Park, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Green Park and more) Find more info about it here
• Sky Ride. Check out their website here!
They can plan for you the best routes with three different levels. They also organize Big Bike events and Ride Social by their social network.
• Barclays Cycle Hire
With this self-service, you can hire a bike for 24 hours a day and ride it wherever you want to. But do not forget to return the bike then! Check their website here
With Barclays, you will enjoy to spend your spare time in London’s main parks (Hyde Park, Green Park, Kensington Gardens, Holland Park, Regent’s Park) or discover the quirky places of the capital.
Furthermore, you should know that London is also the place of a lot of regular events.
– Mayor of London’s Sky Ride
– World Naked Bike Ride
– London to Brighton
– Critical Mass
– Tour de France 2014
Also, you can order free cycle guides here!!
So what are you waiting for?? Grab your bike and let’s go cycling!!! 😀