Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage announces new, upgraded breakfast
Here at Palmers Lodge, we believe you should never travel on an empty stomach. A great day of sightseeing starts with a full breakfast before hitting all the museums, historical sites, markets and theatres London has to offer.
With this in mind, we decided our continental breakfast needed a serious(ly delicious) upgrade.
Swiss Cottage’s new breakfast comprises a buffet selection (so you can go back for those all-important seconds or thirds) of menu items including:
- Toast (both white and brown bread available)
- A variety of spreads – jams, chocolate spread, butter
- Pastries such as croissants and pain au chocolat
- A selection of fruit, including apples and bananas
- A selection of cheeses
- Cereal (muesli, corn flakes and rice crispies)
- Tea & coffee
- Orange & apple juice
- Boiled eggs
This buffet selection will cost £4.50, and also caters to vegetarians. It will be served between 7:30 and 10:00 .
To show you how much we love breakfast, here are some little known facts about the most important meal of the day.
- The Kellogg brothers originally developed their cornflakes cereal in 1906 as a therapy for patients at a sanatorium.
- Kellogg’s Cornflakes were also the first breakfast cereal on the moon in 1969.
- Queen Victoria was responsible for making kippers a popular breakfast food in the UK.
- Casanova, the famous 18th century Italian lover, recommended eating 50 oysters for breakfast.
- More than one third of all UK produced eggs are eaten at breakfast.